A Support Hive is a minimalist approach to friends. Minimalism is a mindset that believes less is more, and recognizes quality over quantity, and this applies to friends too. A Support Hive are those people in your life who are 100% rooting for you to live your happiest life.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~Dr. Seuss
The number one reason people can want this for you is because they have found it for themselves. It is very difficult to be a good friend to others and want the best for them, if you are not a good friend to yourself and want the best for yourself also.
Who do you spend your time with?
Do your friends and family feed you or feed on you?
Do the people in your life support your fear or support your growth?
Comparing, conforming, jealousy, resentment, and anger are components of Fear. Fear-full people cannot make good friends (or good lovers) until they first love themselves and their lives.
Do you want to be a better friend and a better lover?
- Love yourself.
- Serve others.
- Make Love.
It is a simple principle: If you want to be a better friend, hang out with good friends. If you want to be a better gardener, hang out with good gardeners.
Identify your Support Hive, those people who help you be your best. Who helps sharpen your tools? Helps pull your weeds? Whose garden do you admire? They are your people…this is your Support Hive.
Life Entrepreneurs identify those people who are available, trustworthy, and empowering. They hone-in on those living authentically and loving whole-heartedly. These are the people who can re-charge your batteries, who you feel happy being with, and love you without conditions and expectations.
Here are simple steps to build your Support Hive:
- I can be happy. I am open to giving and receiving love.
- Relationships are a choice. Aim high – I choose those who empower and inspire me.
- Surround yourself with passionate people.
- Serve others with no expectations or hidden agenda – this is the secret ingredient of unconditional love.
- Weed out your frienemies. Free yourself from your toxic friends. These are the friends who plant seeds of doubt, fear, and conformity in your life. Frienemies use passive aggressive behaviors that seem helpful and secretly plant shame, guilt, and unworthiness.
- Friends who love the real you.
- Friends who you can trust with your dreams.
- Friends who want you to live your happiest life, too.
A Support Hive offers a nurturing environment and gives sunshine to your dreams. A frienemy probably doesn’t even know your dreams.
The secret of letting go is the secret of growing new. The nature of letting the dead leaves fall off the branch is to let the new fruit grow. This is true in nature, in friends, and in paradigms.
Spring blooms before our eyes. Celebrate it.
This is dedicated to my Support Hive: my husband and children, my Dig Deep gardening gals, my camping crew, my running partners, and my meditation group. Thank you for accepting me, supporting my dreams, and sharing your lives. Love you.
Cultivating Love & Peace,
You may also like: